Read the awesome article in New York magazine about this new scrumptious book by clicking on this link
Eating Food should be easy and nothing is easier in the plant-based food then a wrap, burrito or taco. Basically if you are using the small corn tortillas double up, this is how they are served by Mexicans so this has to be the correct way. For non flour, wheat or corn use lettuces or red cabbage or kale. The red cabbage wrap above is filled with sweet peppers, quinoa and cilantro with a bit of Cholula hot sauce and avocado. The tacos are mushroom, onion, bell pepper and a chocolate mole sauce. To bring out more flavor keep hot sauce on hand, sea salt, amino acids and nutritional yeast. Burritos without cheese was a bummer at first but then I started eating burritos with sautéed spinach and mushrooms and that gave me a nice flavor and texture that brought the rest of the items together. The only wrong way to make this stuff is to not add enough stuff. If you can hold it with your thumb and pinky finger you have failed, add more plants and enjoy.
Food Revolution April May 2nd 2013 highlights
The recordings are free to listen to here for 24 hrs after the live broadcast. There is a full week of guest speakers. Today’s speakers will not be available after 9am PDT USA. Before I continue I would like to make it clear that this is a summary of what the speakers have said and the points I felt were relevant and most interesting.
– People with desk jobs and bad sleep can gain 5-10 lbs a year.
– We need to reclaim our lives by gaining control of our health.
– There is nothing radical or extreme about eating plant-based. We can talk endlessly about why the standard american diet is extreme. The peer-reviewed studies are crystal clear that the health issues Americans are dealing with can be reversed with lifestyle.
– Oil is the new snake oil Erectile Dysfunction is a clear sign of heart disease and can easily be reversed with a plant-based diet.
-Carbs aren’t bad. Processed carbs make us fat and are bad.
– Whole grains, unprocessed intact oats, rice, grain, legumes are all very healthy types of carbs.
– Plant-based lifestyles go against the grain of what is currently popular but this will change with education. Once people understand what certain foods do to the body and how to replace those foods they will change.
Mike Adams founder of naturalnews.com
– Lead poisoning is possibly one of the reasons Rome fell and nutrition can be many reasons why communities and countries fall apart.
-Quit experimenting on us! Metals, GMO seeds, and chemicals should be tested in bio hazard facilities, not on us.
– Chronic disease can be cured by getting people to focus on eating food with minerals and nutrients.
– Factory farms feed their animals GMOs and when we eat those animals we are a part of the chain that destroys and rapes the earth of its good resources.
– Organic food is real food. There should be campaigns labeling conventional food with all of the poisons/ pesticides and health warnings.
– The word natural is very misleading and needs to be regulated.
– Grow as much as you can with heirloom seeds and feed trace minerals to your own soil to get strong nutrient rich vegetables.