The easiest recipe to make your dish look fancy. Brussel Sprouts are so sexy right now, you can find them everywhere. I have eaten entire plates full, there are so many variations but roasting is always the best. When my wife and I were asked to make a dish for a get together I took it as a plantbased challenge to steal the show with what is still considered peasant food. Keeping these morsels on the stalk adds to the presentation.
- Pre Heat oven to 375 degrees
- You must clean and peel off any hanging leaves and save them in a bowl to make brussel sprout chips. Well, you don’t have to put they sure are good video below.
- Air dry or pat a towel on the stalk, we don’t want to add moisture and steam them in the oven this is the key problem where a lot of people go wrong.
- Put oil on your hands I used a tablespoon of coconut oil and rubbed it all over the stalk and sprouts.
- Put it in a dish with parchment, grind salt and pepper just a bit and or sprinkle aminos.
- Shallots or a small sweet onion finely chopped and sprinkled in the dish or pan over the stalks.
- Put dish in oven and rotate the stalks every 15 mins cook for a total of 45 they will continue to cook while they rest in the pan and really do taste better undercooked versus overcooked.
Here is a failed attempt at the beauty that is brussel sprout chips. You must check on the chips every 3 minutes past 10 otherwise you will have a burned mess.