I just listened to today’s first speakers Dr Hyman author of Your Blood sugar solution, Kris Carr author of Crazy sexy cancer and Dr Dean Ornish. The recordings are free to listen to here for 24 hrs after the live broadcast. There is a full week of guest speakers. Today’s speakers will not be available after 9am PDT USA. For anyone that missed it I will summarize all the speakers remarks for the next few days.
Dr Hyman author of Your Blood sugar solution
– one sugar free/ diet soda consumed by women increases the chance of diabetes by 33%
– 95% of Diabetes can be prevented by lifestyle and it is reversible.
– High blood pressure, diabetes, belly fat, memory loss, stroke, heart disease are all the same problem and the solution is the same. Which is to change lifestyle to a whole foods plant based diet.
– What you put on the end of your fork is more important than any pill you will find at the bottom of a bottle. If there was a pill that worked better than diet change I would prescribe it to all of my patients.
Kris Carr stage 4 cancer survivor author of crazy sexy cancer
– Diet at time of diagnosis was worst than standard American diet. Lots of fast food, processed and junk.
– the crazy sexy diet is plant-based, vegan, green juices, green smoothies and 1/2 plate should always be fresh vegetables or fruit.
– Increase alkaline decrease acidity
– plant based milks are not substitutions they are upgrades
– It is selfish to not take care of yourself because someday someone will have to take care of you. People are digging their graves with their forks and spoons.
Dr Dean Ornish founder of Preventative Medicine research
– Drugs and surgeries are needed and wonderful when someone is having a heart attack. Preventative lifestyle change can only be that, preventative. At time of heart attack it is too late to change. However afterwards it is worthwhile to make a lifestyle to not experience a heart attack again.
– It does not matter how old, sick or genetic history, you change your lifestyle, you improve your health, it is never too late.
-A Mediterranean diet prevents stroke in comparison to less healthy diets, but this was the only true conclusion of recent studies. Mediterranean diet does not improve health better than low fat diets.
– In the next few years diabetes will effect 50% of all Americans